Hangzhou FY Textile Digital Printing Co., Ltd
Add: Room 1202A, Building C Bodi Center, Ningwei Town, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Contact us: Solar Bao
Polyester fabric features and advantages
Advantages of polyester fabric:
First, the polyester fabric has high strength. The short fiber strength is 2.6-5.7 cN/dtex, and the high-strength fiber is 5.6-8.0 cN/dtex. Because of its low hygroscopicity, its wet strength is almost the same as the dry strength, and the impact strength is 4 times higher than that of nylon. Viscose fiber is 20 times higher.
Second, the elasticity of polyester fabrics is super strong. The elasticity is close to the wool. When the elongation is 5% to 6%, it can be almost completely recovered. The polyester fabric is repeatedly twisted, and the original shape can be restored quickly without leaving wrinkles. The elastic modulus is 22 to 141 cN/dtex. Nylon is 2 to 3 times higher, which is unmatched by other fabrics.
Third, the heat resistance of polyester fabrics is very good. It can be said that polyester has the best heat resistance in chemical fiber fabrics and is extremely plastic. If it is made into a pleated skirt, it can maintain the pleats well and does not require excessive ironing.
Fourth, the polyester fabric has good light resistance. Items made of polyester fabrics are generally more durable than natural fabrics. There is basically no problem in exposing polyester fabrics to sunlight. There is no need to worry about any side effects. This feature makes the polyester fabric's light resistance almost the same as acrylic fabric.
Fifth, the polyester fabric has good wear resistance. Wear resistance is second only to nylon with the best abrasion resistance, better than other natural and synthetic fibers.
Sixth, polyester fabrics have good chemical resistance. Textiles made of polyester fabrics have little damage to acids and alkalis, so some bleaching agents and oxidizing agents do not work at all, and polyester textiles are not afraid of mold and are not afraid of insects.
1. High strength. The short fiber strength is 2.6 to 5.7 cN/dtex, and the high strength fiber is 5.6 to 8.0 cN/dtex. Due to its low hygroscopicity, its wet strength is essentially the same as the dry strength. The impact strength is 4 times higher than that of nylon and 20 times higher than viscose.
2. Good elasticity. The elasticity is close to that of wool, and when it is stretched by 5% to 6%, it can be almost completely recovered. The wrinkle resistance is superior to other fibers, that is, the fabric is not wrinkled, and the dimensional stability is good. The modulus of elasticity is 22 to 141 cN/dtex, which is 2 to 3 times higher than that of nylon. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery, so it is durable, wrinkle-free and non-iron.
3. Heat-resistant polyester is produced by melt spinning, and the formed fiber can be further heated and melted, which is a thermoplastic fiber. Polyester has a higher melting point and a smaller specific heat capacity and thermal conductivity, so the heat resistance and heat insulation of the polyester fiber are higher. It is the best among synthetic fibers.
4. Good thermoplasticity and poor resistance to melting. Polyester is the most heat-resistant fabric in synthetic fabrics due to its smooth surface and tight internal molecules. It is thermoplastic and can be made into pleated skirts with long pleats. At the same time, the polyester fabric has poor resistance to melting, and it is easy to form holes in the case of soot or Mars. Therefore, wear should avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc.
5. Good wear resistance. Wear resistance is second only to nylon with the best abrasion resistance, better than other natural and synthetic fibers.
6. Light resistance is good. Lightfastness is second only to acrylic. Polyester fabrics have better lightfastness, and their lightfastness is better than natural fiber fabrics except for acrylic fibers. Especially in the back of the glass, the light fastness is very good, almost the same as acrylic fiber.
7. Corrosion resistant. It is resistant to bleaches, oxidants, hydrocarbons, ketones, petroleum products and inorganic acids. Resistant to dilute alkali, not afraid of mildew, but hot alkali can decompose it. There is also a strong resistance to acid and alkali, UV resistance.
8. Dyeing is poor, but the color fastness is good and it is not easy to fade. Because there is no specific dyeing group on the polyester molecular chain, and the polarity is small, the dyeing is difficult, the dyeability is poor, and the dye molecules are not easy to enter the fiber. Poor hygroscopicity, wearing a stuffy feeling, and easy to bring static electricity, staining dust, affecting the appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength is hardly reduced, it is not deformed, and it has good washing and wearability. The biggest advantage of polyester fabrics is that they are not easily deformed and wrinkled.